Fluoride Therapy for Adults – Cost saving benefits for all ages
For many years the standard for preventive dentistry recommended fluoride treatments for all children twice annually. This therapeutic treatment of topically applied fluoride was shown to dramatically prevent tooth decay. Newer studies have shown that the benefits of fluoride are not limited to children. We provide adults with a fluoride treatment specially formulated for adult teeth.
Adult Fluoride Therapy
- Reduces or eliminates dental sensitivity caused by worn enamel
- Reduces dental decay caused by dry mouth associated with most medications including those for blood pressure
- Extends the lifespan of crowns, bridges, and fillings by strengthening the junction between the restoration and the natural tooth
- Reduces the risk of root decay where there are receded gums
- Helps maintain the integrity of older dental work by preventing “recurrent” decay
- Persons having been treated for gum disease or having had gingival surgery
- Strengthens enamel compromised by grinding or from acid reflux
- Strengthens demineralized enamel caused by drinking acidic soft drinks, sport beverages, etc.
- Any individual having undergone chemotherapy or radiation treatments should receive fluoride therapy
- Lessens the decay risk of those suffering from “dry mouth” – Sjogren’s Syndrome
- Saves money – the cost of fluoride is less than most dental plan copays for fillings, etc.
While a few insurance plans cover this treatment completely most have negotiated a reduced fee on your behalf. We believe this treatment is an important and ultimately cost saving benefit for our patients. We ask that payment for Fluoride Therapy be made at the time of service.
The Brandywine Smile Center recommends fluoride therapy twice annually
as part of a regular program of hygiene and preventive dental care.